Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a Bmw E46 saloon 2003,I want to fit leather seats to

I have a Bmw E46 saloon 2003,I want to fit leather seats to the interior,have found a replacement set of seats,but the rear seat is a single piece,where my exsisting rear seat is a 3/4 split two piece,can you tell me if the leather single piece rear seat will replace the 3/4 two piece safely to my car? I appreciate they may not fold down like my exsisting one does....

Please do not forget to select a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer. thank you.

they will fit, but you may need to change some of the mounting hardware and other modifications.

if you are buying the replacement seats from a wrecker then you should be able to strip any mounting hardware you need from the donor car to make it work, but this is not considered a BMW approved retrofit

Personally my recommendation would be to wait to find a set of split rear seats to swap in so that it is 100% plug and play

Please let me know if you have futher questions. Please do not forget to select a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer. thank you. best wishes with your repairs.