Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My water pump exploded on my car an hour ago 2.8 z3 pump &

My water pump exploded on my car an hour ago 2.8 z3 pump & fan blew off , is this the end of my engine ?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

this is not necessarily the end of your engine, no

as long as the engine was not severely overheated or mechanically damaged, you can probably get away with replacing the pump, thermostat and fan and any other parts that may have been damaged

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Steve So if the fan blow clean off doesn't really mean that the engine is damaged ?

.

no, it does not mean the engine is necessarily damaged to the point of not being worth fixing. fans are just weak plastic and do break