Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have just bought a bmw 318i estate.the central locking does

I have just bought a bmw 318i estate.the central locking does not work remote opens boot all windowsand closes them.open drivers door with key,you cant open any other door from inside,remote will then lock door.confused?
Can you please clarify exactly what does and does not work from the remote and button in car?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

boot opens nothing else lights flash when I press open boot locks drivers door locks lights flash

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

The only possible simple cause for this would be a blown fuse so you should check all fuses for cenntral locking as specified on your fuse card.

If not a fuse, then this is likely a control module failure or failure of one or more locks. This is a complex system that bmw has had trouble with. As such, the have outlined specific and detailed tests to be run using the bmw diagnosis system, so the next step if not a fuse would be to have this testing carried out by a main dealer

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.