Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

currently driving bmw 1 series on contintal 205/55 r16 91v

currently driving bmw 1 series on contintal 205/55 r16 91v tyres.Not pleased with the rough ride.. Question. could I safely change to normal tyres i.e. NOT run flat without impinging warranty etc? THENK YOU.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

yes you can absolutely change to non-runflat tires if you would like, many owners do as they do not like the ride of the run flat. This will not impact your warranty

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will go ahead with your advice.Can you advise a NON run flat replacement for my car?

Many Thanks

Colin

A 205/55/16 is not a very aggressive set up, so you should be safe with any quality brand name all season.

I personally like Kumho for value vs. performance. Toyo is also a favorite of mine but are pricier, Continental is also good choice. People also have good luck with Bridgestone and Michelin all seasons on the 1 and 3 series models when moving away from run flats.