Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

cars gone into safemode

cars gone into safemode

hello there,

what would you like to know about this? what question can I answer for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how to get out of safemode

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

it is in safe mode because there is a fault triggering it to be in safe mode.

the only way to permanently get it out of safe mode is to have the underlying fault fixed. the first step in diagnosing the fault will be to have the fault logs read from the car using a bmw scan tool

for a temporary fix, you can try unhooking the car battery for an hour to see if it will reset, but there is no guarantee

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.