Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 01.10.2006 registered X5 3 litre diesel Sport with

I have a 01.10.2006 registered X5 3 litre diesel Sport with 60,000 on the clock. I bought it secondhand late 2007 with 12,000 on the clock and have been very pleased with it. Odd electrical glitches are starting to happen....is it time to change it given that I do less than 6,000 miles a year?
what kind of glitches are happening?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Run Flat Indicator comes on occasionally, especially if I am carrying a full load. Also, brake warning light comes on occasionally for no obvious (brake wear) reason.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

.

I definitely don't think this is a reason to trade the vehicle. These indicate problems in the electric brake control system. a simple fault scan should reveal the underlying cause. this is not indicative of widespread electrical issues or a major concern.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks.

Is 60,000 a low mileage for a an X5 of this age? (Excuse my ignorance...I know I should know!)

.

this is on the low side for mileage. kindly please click on a positive rating.