Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi I have a 2009 325d tourer. Driving home tonight in a storm

Hi I have a 2009 325d tourer. Driving home tonight in a storm hit large amount of standing water at circa 50mph. Subsequently under braking the near side brakes sounds like a merlin engine, no vibration in the steering wheel but very noisy. Eased off as I got closer to home but still making a lot of noise under breaking. Drives fine. What is the likely cause, assume I need to go to a dealership for a check out?
James

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

you could have caught some debris up in the brakes which is a common cause of noise, also the brake pads could have been shifted slightly which would also cause noise,

I would advise that you go to a main dealer or BMW specialist for a check. The sooner the better, the longer you drive the more chance you will do further damage to the rotors and pads, or possibly calipers

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So it should be safe to drive to the dealer on the basis that it stops!

.

as long as it stops predictably, then yes you can drive it.