Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

Hello , I have these problems withy x5 2006 3.0d auto , the

Customer Question

Hello , I have these problems withy x5 2006 3.0d auto , the parking sensors on the front and back do not work ? When I select reverse the green light comes on , but no beeping ! , also have a problem with the panoramic roof , I can hold the butto in as stated in the manual and the roof will go though it's entire system cheque so nothing Brocken , but when this complete it doesn't seem to have re set it's self . Can you help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
What testing has been carried out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Steve

Parking Sensors ,

i Have replaced the parking sensor unit located next to the battery in the trunk .Thats all , i did get told that you can here a click on the sensors them selves , but i could not detect this on any of them back or front,

As mentioned the sun roof does operate all functions in the test ( Re set Mode) but when complete it doesnt seem to have re set its self>

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Steve,

any thoughts on the diagnoses yet ?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Simon,

I apologies for the delay in your question being answered. I have sent the Professional a message letting him you know you are waiting.