Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My son has a bmw 316i sport, it has today suffered from loss

My son has a bmw 316i sport, it has today suffered from loss of power, acceleration is there engine running ok but losses power when gears engaged with no loss in revs.
Are any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No there are no warning lights on and there is no loss of revs just lack of power when gears engaged and drives about 10 20 mph.

There is no single thing that will cause this. Common issues would be a fuel pressure problem, throttle failure, or issue with fuel/air mixture (which is informed by a number of sensors)

The best path forward to rectify the issue will be to have fuel pressure tested and the cars computer monitored in real time with a diagnostic computer which can read all inputs and outputs from all systems and identify what is out of spec

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many tyanks for your help much appreciated.