Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I cant get the air condition to release cold air

can you please clarify what your question is? what has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

turned down temperature on air intake to 16 AND SWITCHED ON AIR CONDITING BUT air coming in is luke warm and interior doesn't cool

again, can you please clarify what your question is about this and confirm what testing has been done so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A/Csystem not providing cold air.temperatureis turned down to 16 degrees and auto has also been used

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

there are probably a dozen or more things that can cause AC not to blow cold

the most common would be a leak in the system that has allowed the refrigerant to leak out, or a failed heater valve

other possibilities would be a failed compressor or compressor clutch, any of several sensors having failed or a failure of the control computer

as next steps, you should have the refrigerant level checked and also the faults and inputs/outputs read and monitored from the climate control system.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.