Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

E61 Estate, great car. However : Several issues with boot lid

Customer Question

E61 Estate, great car. However : Several issues with boot lid opening, boot window can't open anymore, some rear lights no longer work. Read some stories about tight and broken wiring in the boot lid hinges and BMW indicated it would be over £1,000 to replace all the boot lid wiring ! Looks like I'm going to have to do some googling to find the DYI solution ...
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Can you. Please clarify what your question is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Apologies, I'm actually looking for some information on how to do the rewiring of the bootlid myself. Could you help me with finding these instructions, part numbers or know of a car workshop, with experience in this issue, in Bristol, which can do this a lot cheaper than BMW's astronomical quote ?

Cheers, Marc

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
so you are looking to replace the entire harness that runs into the boot?