Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

, my BMW 330d wont start, I put the fob in the dash push

, my BMW 330d wont start, I put the fob in the dash push start and nothing, a pre heat warning light comes up, any ideas?

it is difficult to know how to answer requests for "any ideas"

can you please clarify what question you want answered or what information you are seeking?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The any idea was do you have any idea what the fault could be. As i said i follow the normal procedure to start an auto bmw, i insert the key fob, press the break peddle and press the start button. when i insert the fob the dash lights up as normal. Once I press the start button the preheat warning light comes on and then changes to service. The engine does not attempt to turn, there is no clicking noises nothing!

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me honest and that I receive nothing time until a positive rating is clicked.
This is most likely a failed starter, failed key, or computer related failure with regards ***** ***** immobilizer / Car Access System.
You can try a second key, check fuses, try a jump start and unhook the battery hour, but the vehicle will likely need to be scanned with a bmw scan tool to verify the root cause.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.