Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have recently acquired a 1999 5 series automatic. The radio

I have recently acquired a 1999 5 series automatic. The radio receives AM sations but not FM stations. Is there an obvious reason for this and is it easy or hard to fix?
is the am reception good?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it's normal I would say.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

most likely the issue is a simple failed radio then which would require it be replaced which is an easy fix

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I thought that maybe as the AM and FM antenna are separate there could have been an issue with the FM antenna or its connection to the radio? Not that I would have a clue how to identify or fix this?

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating

as I said, it is most likely the radio, not the antenna.

as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating