Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My bmw 523i (2005) has begun to vibrate when at low

My bmw 523i (2005) has begun to vibrate when at low when you stop at traffic lights etc you can feel the vibration.
I cannot afford to get rid of it and I don't want to as it is a lovely car.
Can you give me some advice please.
Thank you very much.

can you please clarify what type of advice you are seeking?

are you wanting to know what the cause might be? or something else?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What the cause may be and how to fix it

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

if the vehicle vibrates only or mostly when stopped, the cause is usually a failed engine mount, the fix being to replace the bad mount

other possible causes would be an intake air leak, failed crankcase ventilation system, faulty idle valve or old plugs/coils.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.