Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

Steve, I have a 3 year old BMW E90 M3. A new battery was coded by the agent and fitt

Hi Steve,
I have a 3 year old BMW E90 M3. A new battery was coded by the agent and fitted in March. This morning the fault light of car on a lift came on and the message open and close drivers door! The car will not start as a result of the fault and the local agent says I need a tow truck!!
what question specifically did you have about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I have managed to get the car to the technician so hopefully they can diagnose the problem. The key fob was not releasing the transmission from the "P" mode and therefore I was unable to start the car.
The battery is fully charged and I wanted to see if I could over-ride the system in order to start the car. Locking and unlocking the vehicle made no difference.
you are welcome. good luck with the repair.