Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have two question my son has a bmw alpine b10

hi I have two question for you
my son has a bmw alpine b10 v8 4.6 he has had both head gaskets replaced at a cost of 3k. within 60 miles of leaving garage the engine management light came on and engine became noisy and misfiring. The diagnosis is timing chain guides fracturing . My two questions are:-
1) does bm11120004533 gasket set at £500 come with head gaskets.
2) in fitting head gaskets replacing heads, cams and timing chains would upper and lower timing chains have to be have been removed and refitted
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

vin no:- wapba46L19HF40574

reg no:- T771UUT

hi sorry for the delay. that is not a valid part number.

where are you planning on purchasing this from?

can you please verify?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry correct no bm11120004553

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

here are your answers:

no, it does not include head gaskets

yes when you do this job the chains come off and need to be re-set

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.