Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have an f06 BMW 640i. When cold and only minutes after

Customer Question

I have an f06 BMW 640i. When cold and only for 5 minutes after starting from cold, there is a dull rattle coming from within the centre console. Appears to be from behind the centre air vents or the area inside the dash behind the sat nav screen. Have tried removing the instrument cluster and pushing foam behind. Same from above the rattle via the centre dash speaker. It seems if I could remove the centre air vents it would be easy to diagnose. Ideas and help!
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this a common issue. I've checked and it's not the passenger seat belt or anything obvious?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what exactly is your question? if this is a common problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. No. I'm asking if q
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I'm asking if any experts know what could be causing this issue and how to fix it. Clearly if it's a common issue it will be easier to diagnose