Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

Bmw 118d 55 plate rear nearside brake light not working but

bmw 118d 55 plate rear nearside brake light not working but lail light shows brake light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
what do you mean by "lail light shows brake light"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the rear side light operates as a brake light
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.this can only be a wiring issue or a faulty lighting control module. I would check the wring running to the lights very carefully for any chaffing or breakage. if all looks good you will likely need a new module.Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it just be a bulb? (sorry doing this on behalf of my daughter so cannot be more persific)
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating. if you have not replaced the bulb you should, then re assess
please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the bulb has gone would the tail light take over as asafety thing
on this model I do not believe so, however, it is worth replacing the bulb and then re-assessing. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help i will do as you suggest and happy to give positive response
you are welcome. if there are no additional qustions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i pay you now?
by selecting a rating of OK / 3stars or higher