Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have ratlle sound at 1,2 and 3 gear the most,and other gears much less,changed oil fi

hi i have ratlle sound at 1,2 and 3 gear the most,and other gears much less,changed oil filters ,44000km ,sound is this but less quite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT46ELVKehA some say can be vanos or,valve timing gear,or synchros or disa?
What exactly was your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it something i mention or is it normal annoying sound from that motor i cant change?,it usualy hear at 2000rmp,i i want to not hear that sound.is it possible?
it is something you mention. it is not a normal sound.
it is hard to tell remotely but I would suspect a belt driven component as the cause or possibly vanos related. definitely have it checked by a BMW specialist garage.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry i forgot to tell,i changed bobinas and spark plugs,i put beru bobinas instead delphi,i read one guy solved problem with changing bobinas some upgraded type of bobinas?
I think that is very doubtful, but you should be running Delphi.
unless the noise only started when you changed them, there is no reason to expect this is the cause.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no difference when i changed bobinas,that guy also changed vanos before,also i dont hear that sound until 10 min of driving,when motor heat up
exactly, there was no difference from the change, so there would be no difference changing them again, as I said. The noise, as far as I can tell from a phone video on youtube, sounds like vanos or something belt driven. the vehicle needs to be checked hands on with the aid of a mechanic's stethoscope to further diagnose.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i also changed accesory drive belt and two rollers,what is sthetoscope?
like a doctor's stethoscope but fore a mechanic . it can be used to trace the source of the noise. http://www.medmogul.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Use-this-Classic-SE-II-Stethoscope-image.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok than first sthetoscope than maybe change of vanos valve.
yes, the car needs to be diagnosed properly by a trained BMW tech who is hands on. Based on the findings, the next steps will be clear. As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
as the question "is it something i mention or is it normal annoying sound from that motor i cant change?,it usualy hear at 2000rmp,i i want to not hear that sound.is it possible?" has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what you think about changing these parts as my car is 6 years old but only 46000km ?http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/e90mc.pdf
hi, that would be a new question, I would be happy to answer it, please post it to me via this link: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=26942375&FID=12206
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i was i service,they dont have stetoscope and they told me that it can be injectors but not 100% sure,he said its not vanos?