Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

Cannot open my 1996 bmw 318ti using key flob, even though i've

cannot open my 1996 bmw 318ti using key flob, even though i've changed it's batteries. was working fine last night, but wouldn't work this morning
Does the locking button in the car work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you mean the locking button on the doors, then yes. Also can unlock and lock car with the key but alarm actuates
sorry for the delay, is it a factory BMW remote/alarm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve all sorted. Put key in ignition turned it to first position whilst pressing open/lock button on remote for 15seconds then withdrew key waiting 5 seconds and all reset and working
great glad to hear it is sorted. I was going to propose that re-sync but needed to know if it was a BMW factory remote or not.