Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have an X reg 3 series bmw, the remote locking does not

I have an X reg 3 series bmw, the remote locking does not work & now neither will the key in door. How do I get in without smashing a window?
Do you have access to professional entry tools?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Depends what you mean, I'm an electrician & am currently on site. So could get tools?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kind of desperate now

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

if the remote and mechanical key are not working, there is no other engineered way into the car.

the best path forward will be to call roadside assistance / tow truck so that a professional door wedge can be used to pry open the door enought on insert a rod to press the console unlock button or pull the door handle twice.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you