Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Should alloy wheels with buckles &/or cracks in them be

Should alloy wheels with buckles &/or cracks in them be repaired?
Is this common practice?
How safe are the repairs?
damaged wheels can be repaired. Yes it is common. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok will do
However how safe is it to repair a crack about 4 ins long?
It is fine. If a professional wheel reconditioner who was looked at the wheel says it can be done, it will be fine. Please kindly click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks again - will do Steve
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ps can you suggest any ' professionals' near me pls ? I'm in Halifax
I am not able to make local recommendations, it is a restriction of he site. As the question has been answered please kindly select a positive rating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok understood ( but it's a shame) - how do I know someone is a professional alloyvwheelbrepairer?
Beacuse that's their business and they have the equipment to do it and advertise their services as such and have a shop full or repaired wheels... or you can ask your local main dealer for a referral as they certainly use one. Please kindly select a positive rating. You must click on a positive rating for each answered question
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good idea - will do