Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 2008 sat-nav will not recognise a full postcode although

My 2008 sat-nav will not recognise a full postcode although it has an uptodate DVD
can you please describe what exactly is happening?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It will not accept a full postcode. For example, if I try to enter my own postcode (RH5 6EH) I enter RH5 6E and it immediately puts up "Ewhurst". I've tried with and without the space but to no avail.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thank you for confirming.

this is likely a nav firmware issue (not related to dvd version).

I would first reset the system but unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour.

if the problem persists, the next step would be to have the system reprogrammed with a bmw scan tool to update it to the latest firmware version.

in a worst case scenario it could be a hardware problem requiring the nav computer to be replaced, but that is unlikely

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.