Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have BMW X3 Auto. The engine gets sluggish when I slow

Customer Question

I have BMW X3 Auto. The engine gets sluggish when I slow down to turn, then try to escalate. It seems it does not change the gear as smoothly as it did before. Also, I occasionally get a beeping sound whilst I am driving. Is something is getting wrong with my car?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Please describe the beeping in more detail.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It beeps only once out of the blue whilst I am driving . It didn't come with any warning sign in dash board, then, the temperature indication flushes. I thought it could be something to do with temperature...BTW, my car got even slower today. It did't go more than 60 miles even I put my foot on accelerator very hard but again, there is no warning signs. I had my MOT few weeks ago and before the MOT I requested the garage to do the full winter service, they found no issues at that time.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the beep is related to the temp waring

in terms of the sluggishness, yes this is definitely a problem, it sounds as though the fuel / air mixture is off - the vehicle should be scanned to monitor the readings from relevant engine systems to pinpoint the issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.