Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 330ci. Everytime i get in or out of the car, the

Hi. I have a 330ci. Everytime i get in or out of the car, the windows amd roof go down. Any ideas?
Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes, it started last week.
Assistant: What year is your 330ci?
Customer: 2002
Assistant: Are you fixing your 330ci yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive just changed the key fob as i was locked out of the car. Battery in fob was dead as not recharging itself. The problem occured the daybefore the fob died.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a flat battery this morning, so could be something to do with that or maybe a fuse?
Hi what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
EH98243

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thanks for confirming. this is a fault with the door lock on the drivers side. the door lock has a switch it in that when the key is turned and held in the unlock position, the windows and roof go down. what is happening is that when you get out the switch is erroneously sending this signal to the car. You need to have the door lock replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.