Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 330 M Sport Diesel, 2005 The front right coil spring

BMW 330 M Sport Diesel, 2005
The front right coil spring snapped (at low speed) and was replaced under AA Breakdown Repair Cover. The repaired car was road tested by the AA approved garage who discovered a knocking noise which they diagnosed as a worn top mount (front right) and wanted to make a separate charge (£60 + 3 hours labour)) for the secondary repair.
Q1. Should this have been diagnosed at the same time as the broken spring?
Q2. Would you normally replace the top mount when replacing a spring as standard?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

hello here are your answers

Q1. Should this have been diagnosed at the same time as the broken spring? Yes
Q2. Would you normally replace the top mount when replacing a spring as standard? No

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the prompt reply.
It confirmed my suspicions and I may try to recover the addition cost of repair from the AA.
I am know worrying about the left hand side.