Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have recently had to replace two light bulbs in my dipped

I have recently had to replace two light bulbs in my dipped beams as I have failure msgs and the lights didn't work.After replacing the bulbs the new bulbs for on start than blink 3 times in 5 min then go off and stay off with msg of failure.If I switch the light off and back on again the cycle starts again.What is wrong here?BMW f11 520d
Are these xenon bulbs?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No they are halogen. The replacements were osram night breakers

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I wuld suggest that it is likely a fault with the control module for lighting in this case. I would double check all wiring and connections but it is likely that you have a module fault.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would that be separate control unit for each?

no, halogen lights don't have separate modules. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

there is a central module for lighting. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any idea where this unit is located? Thank you very much for the advice!

lighting is controlled by the footwell module that is located in the drivers outside footwell. Please do not forget to click a positive rating