Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Central electronics failure message on a 2011 320d efficent

Central electronics failure message on a 2011 320d efficent dynamics. Had this messages appear, took the car to my local BMW dealer after seeking advice. They had the car for 2 days and said the problem was caused by damaged wiring, which they repaired. The car was ok for 5 days and now the message has appeared again. Any ideas before I take the car back to them. Regards ***** *****
Hello what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
F060378
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you email with your reply as it's difficult for me on the phone, as i'am working in a remote area outside. Thanks Michael Lloyd

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

thanks for confirming, this is likely due a failing control module on the vehicle, this is the usual cause. There are a few modules that can trigger this so it depends on exactly what faults are logged in the vehicle's computer as to which is likely.

it is possible that the damaged wiring shorted the module out.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help Steve, seems the problem has been caused by water ingress, under the interior carpet is really wet but not yet found out where the water is getting in. Thanks again Michael Lloyd