Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Can I use a BWW 320i rear axel diff on a BMW 318i M

Can I use a BWW 320i rear axel diff on a BMW 318i M Sports...both are 2006 models. THANKS
do you have the vins of both cars?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry don't have this info
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No... I'll let it go for now.... just wondered if they would be compatible. Thanks anyway
Do you have the vin of one car? Or build dates?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Vín of BMW 320i WBAVA72020VA46182...... The vin of BMW 318i WBAVA52040KW93458

thank you one moment please

are the vehicles automatic or manual trasmisison?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Manual

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

unfortunately they are not interchangeable in that case, they use different diffs.

sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest and prompt answer is appreciated.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.