Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I accidentally put windscreen concentrate 1 litre with 4

I accidentally put windscreen concentrate 1 litre with 4 lits of water into the Castrol oil compartment in the dark and the car wouldn’t start so bmw have stripped it drained it and there was water in the 4 x fuel injectors compartments - I am female. They have drained it all and said they are 95% it should start today once they put it back together - they say that our 5 year bmw warrantee for the engine is now cancelled due to contaminated engine - if it doesn’t start then we will have to put in a new engine that is £10k and the car is worth £13k x1 drive 2014 model! We don’t know anything about bmw cars! Advice is appreciated
Hi how can I help you with this? What was your specific question?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Question :
If it doesn’t start does that mean that I would need another engine new £10k to install through bmw and in your experience if the pistons and everything is drained out and if the car starts will it be ok ie if not sever damage to main parts of engine ok to drive ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If water just got into the 4 injectors will the car be able to be ok to drive afterward?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi please can you advice if water damage can cause an engine to cease up for good?

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

usually getting water in an engine will not destroy it, it should be fine after draining/cleaning

if the car starts it should be fine with no long term ill effects

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the confidence and I will rate your service !

you are welcome please do not forget that you need to click on the positive rating