Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have an intermittent judder while driving my car which is

Customer Question

Have an intermittent judder while driving my car which is getting worse. No fault codes but this morning, I have several lights
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: ABS - DSC
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 3 series 06
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive been to 1 garage and 1 independent. Theyve changed fuel and air filters, fiddled round with tyres and now say I need a new battery although electronics have been checked
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - just that when the car was juddering badly, there is a clicking / whirring noise like something is trying to restart. It went away and I drove to work okay.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first mechanic - thought it had to do with dirt / fuel injectors. Changed air filter and fuel filter and checked electrics 2 weeks ago. Car would judder whilst driving after about 20 minutes. problem got worse
Second mechanic cleared the 2 fault codes and said it was the battery. Not had any problems with the battery. Car now judders all the time - not just when hot. Drove to work this morning and the lights are everywhere as it started juddering. I had put air in the tires as the tire sensor light came on earlier today for the first time. Seems a series of many issues so hard to know where to start.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello there,

Are all the tyres the correct size for the car, and even wear on all four?

Is the steering wheel straight when driving in a straight line?

Gary