Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am thinking of buying a brand new BMW with a PCP deal over

I am thinking of buying a brand new BMW with a PCP deal over 48 months. I love the car, like the deal (I think) but is there any issues I should consider over and above the normal. I am a bit concerned as to the way things are moving with Petrol and Diesel cars (government and political impact), the company BMW finance have advised monthly payments and a final payment at the end, but say they guarantee the value of the car to be a minimum of the deposit, assuming it is within the mileage agreement (I know it will be) and is in good condition for the age at that time, hence my concern. I currently have a contract hire agreement and the company (Honda) are desperate to keep me on at the minute with reduced payments (I do like to change my car), hence my question, is the car industry starting to suffer and could this effect (BMW) how they deal with me in 4 years or indeed sooner if I decide I want to change sooner again. Guess I am saying, should I just stick with Honda as it is not as risky or unpredictable (I have a contract hire deal). NB financially I am lucky at present, secure job (hopefully) and while BMW is a lot dearer (new car) my main driver is just the usual, I like to change cars after a period of time.
Hi, bmw will have to deal with you per the terms of the contract. The only room for any grey area at all is with regards ***** ***** condition and even this has rules that bmw follows in terms of scratch size, dent size etc. so there is very little risk that anything materially changes over four years. If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.