Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have noticed poping sound when I release my clutch on my

Hi, I have noticed poping sound when I release my clutch on my 320d. It almost sounds like it's catching driver Matt, which it's not, it's is not happening all the time but does come and go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

when you hear the 'pop' does its conicide with a sudden 'jerk' from the engine / driveline?

as if the clutch is sticking then this would make taking up the drive very jerky and difficult

and if so points to a faulty clutch or slave cylinder

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Matt no it does not. It happens all the time now even with engine off. Performance is fine. Could it be a rubber gasket on the clutch pedal?.
Michael

If the rubber pad on the pedal is not a good fit then yes that could be making noises every time you press it

I'd suggest the next step is to get your head into the footwell so you can closely see and hear whats happening whilst operating the clutch with your hand

I've known this sort of thing before to be a broken / cracked pedal or pedal mount so carefully check the pedal and its pivot points for excessive movement