Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Is it normal for the oil presure to take time move, after a

Customer Question

Hi, is it normal for the oil presure to take time move, after a while it does go to 90, thanks
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is 90 the right pressure, my car is 630i 2006.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi..there..

Are you refering to the Oil temp guage on the instrument panel?

When was its last oil and filter change do you know?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, i only bought it november, it has service history, and with this theres no dipstic, there was also the management light came on after the snow and frost but went off after a couple of days. Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Ok.. There is Oil Temp Guage under your Rev counter..im asumming this is what your refering too...If so? then yes it will or should stay around the 90 mark..sometimes it may creep to near the 100 or centre if the cars under load or pushed hard..but as long as that needle sits between the 70 and 100/centre mark..then it will be fine... But yes you dont have Dipstick on these cars,as it done by checking the oil level counters diagnostically or by putting in the correct amount and adjust accordingly when serviced..Level is monitored via a electronic level sensor on the sump..this sends info the ecm which in turn you should be able to look up the Oil status on the information centre amoungst other things..your owners handbook should tell you how to go about that so worth looking at that....if its had a recent service done which should be all stated on the service book or any recipts that came with the car..if its not had oil/filter service for quite sometime ie: beyond 10,000miles from the last one..then it maybe worth at least considering it...hope this helps

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

No problem..glad to help.. If you could leave a rating for me helping you today it would be much appreciated..thank you