Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Matt, I have a BMW GT 520 d lux 2014 vehicle and there are

Hi Good Morning Matt, I have a BMW GT 520 d lux 2014 vehicle
and there are no error or warning sign, however I have a problem when I brake the steering wheel shakes and it's bit annoying. My previous BMW 520 d had no problem but I do not know why GT has this problem. Can you please assist?
Hello and welcome.
What is the mileage on the car and when were the brakes last changed?
Also, did this start out of nowhere? Please describe how it started to occur
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just bought a used car from a local garage and I got this problem so he fix the Rear brake pads (i.e. 18 April 2018), it got better but no that great. Car runs smooth and no problem of wobbling but when I brake it it shakes the steering wheel which is annoying. Garage guy told me its ABS but I just want to reconfirm as my previous BMW 520 d had no problem whatsoever. Total miles 40,000 in the car
99% chances are the problem is warmed front brake rotors. This is very common. The only other possibility is front suspension wear which is very unlikely. You need to have your front pads and rotors replaced. If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.