sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have just replace the top sensor in my E64 part no 8 268

Customer Question

hi I have just replace the top sensor in my E64 part no 8 268 997. and it does now not work. does soothing need to be reset
Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: the convertible roof sensor
Assistant: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2008
Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the old sensor was playing up it would work if you pushed it, I was told it needed replacing so ordered the part from Germany genuine part as non in Uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that all thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, once replaced, have not you erased error codes? Allow me to explain your vehicle when a sensor is defective autoprotect the system, inactivating the affected part, when we replace the sensor, it is still protectedbecause the ECU still has the fault code that stored when the sensor was bad. To erase it, you must reset the codes by means of a scanner but if this does not solve the problem you should check the wiring and the wire loom, because many times the sensor is not defective but because of the location in which the wiring is located, it corrodes or breaks.
Do you understand me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian