sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 30k miles 3 litre X3, puirchased about a month ago.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 30k miles 3 litre X3, puirchased about a month ago.
At 65mph ish I get vibration in the accelerator pedal and onthe floor.
It's not massive, but there and annoying.
I've had all the tracking and balancing sorted, because it was pulling to the right.
Front tyresa re run flats, rears aren't. I had a dual mass flywheel issue on a n old 3 series with similar pedal vibration. Any thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, have you verified the supports of the engine and transmission? This bases or supports hold the engine and the transmission to the chassis, could you tell me if you have verified them?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have not. I am taking it back to the garage tomorrow but as they are not a bmw garage I worry they will not pick up or recognize the fault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, I understand, vibrations are commonly consequences of wear on the base/supports of the engine and transmission, these supports are pieces made of metal and rubber when the rubber wears the metal vibrates freely causing the vibration that you present, on the other hand is good to check the transmitter shaft system because if we have problems in the tip of the axle, tripoids or in the bearings can cause this same kind of inconvenience, finally a problem in the front train including supports and rubbers can also cause this type of problems.
Therefore I recommend you that you tell the technician who is going to do it, even if he is not an expert in BMW, to check what i mentioned before.

In summary I would like you indicate the technician:
-Verify the supports of the engine and the supports of the gearbox.
-Verifies the drive train shaft
-Verify the front train system.

Have you understood dear customer?
Checking this i am pretty sure you will find the root of your problem and sort it out.
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service and perhaps a tip for expert.
Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.
Regards, Sebastian.