Marty
Marty, BMW Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I'm looking for a small rubber part that connects the wiper

I'm looking for a small rubber part that connects the wiper motor shaft pivot to the wiper/arm washer hose
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Everything is working fine I just need the small rubber connector to the wiper hose
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: E46 3series 2002 compact
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've repaired the wiper motor and it's working fine I just need that rubber part that connects he wiper motor shaft to the washer hose
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi, my name is***** you see the part in the diagram below?

Or perhaps this one?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No none of these match my type of wiper motor shaft

Can you post the last 7 digits of the vin number?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Fu56168

How about this diagram?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No nothing like it

And I have this one for the headlamp cleaning system hoses.

Perhaps you could send me a picture of where the piece connects.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Can you provide an email address and I can forward the picture on there?

Use***@******.***

Ok, what you are pointing at in your picture is the shaft of the wiper motor. The washer hose does not connect there. The wiper motor connects to the wiper linkage. I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to do there. In your picture you are showing me a wiper arm and a hose along with the motor. Those pieces do not connect together.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The part I'm pointing to is the shaft,your right but the shaft is hollow the water comes up through the shaft and connects with rubber tube on the wiper arm.The part I'm looking for goes into the shaft orifice the connects into the wiper hose

Can you send me another picture of the entire motor and linkage and arms? Whatever you have apart so I can see what they are doing. It does not match up to what is in the BMW catalog.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I think I know what's happened here .what
I'm looking for is the rear window wiper part
I think that's where the mix up is

I'm thinking #7 in the attached diagram?

I'm sorry, I mean #2.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No that's not it ether Marty I'll just leave it at that , thanks for all your help. P.S. could cancel my 7day membership .kind regards bones....'

I was doing a little more looking. It looks like the fitting that you are looking for is not sold separately. There appears to be a plastic nipple coming up out of the shaft for the washer fluid. It's not shown separately in the catalog.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok thanks