sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

E92 320d 07 full bmwsh timing chains done 109k miles has

Customer Question

E92 320d 07 full bmwsh timing chains done 109k miles has only 138 hp on rolling road should be 177hp bmw mechanic checked everything turbo dpf swirl flaps removed noticed it slight bit slower when cold could timing be out after replacing t chains no warning lights on dashboard any ideas
Category: BMW
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Continue your search thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you clarify me please what do you want to know please?
Thanks in advance

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi what is causing lack of power as there is no vacumn leak all diagnostic test show up clear dpf turbo test clear thanks

Dear Customer my apologies for the delay, How the fault occurs the time had to have been left with a tooth out of place I do not think it is an external problem becasue it happened right after the repair of the time chain and they also have the exact symptoms of a problem in the distribution, if the technician considers that the time is right and if he has tried to accommodate it On several occasions and the problem is not corrected I will recommend that you locate another technician take the time and distribution of this engine is not so easy like the other BMW

Dear customer anyway, check the advance of the injection pump, because if this is the problem, this fault appears, but you should check the distribution for this anyway.

Also dear customer, I am concerned that the technician has taken the distribution time wrong and then has corrected, it becasue if in the first ignition it have extrusion time incorrectly the combustion chamber or cylinder head suffers a defect and therefore never remains working correctly even when they then correct the distribution time.

I do not want to doubt the technician who made the work nor his capacity, much less in the knowledge that he has but the most prudent at this moment would be to have an external technician give you a second opinion because I repeat that you have the exact symptoms of a problem in the distribution of the engine and in addition the characteristic that occurred just after taking the time distribution is what indicates that the problem is here.

Maybe the distribution chain is stressed by a problem in the tensioners, in a skate but already a technician should verify this.

Have you understood me dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Best regards, Sebastian.