Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Hoping for some help... when I am braking gently at 60mph+

Hoping for some help... when I am braking gently at 60mph+ the steering wheel is shaking. When going faster the steering wheel is shaking even withoujt braking. The brake peddle did used to shake when braking also before I had the work done below but now it is only the steering wheel shaking.
When taking it too the garage they keep telling me it is the brakes. I have put 3 lots of discs and pads on the front of my X5 (2010) in the last 18 months. When taking it for a service they told me the discs and pads need changing again and the suspension arms need replacing. I took my car too a different garage for a second opinion, they told me there is nothing wrong with the discs and pads but the suspension arms do need replacing so I had them replaced by that garage. This didn't cure the shaking!
Then taking it too a different garage they told me the steering linkage ball joints needed replacing on both sides and the coil spring so I had them fixed. This didn't cure the shaking either!
I have had 4 new tyres put on yesterday hoping it is a wheel balancing issue but this hasn't cured the shaking!!
I have ran out of ideas and so have the garages? Does anybody have any idea what could this be?
Thanks matt
Assistant: How often does the vibration occur, and when did you last have the tires balanced?
Customer: I had the tyres balanced yesterday when I got 4 new tures
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: X5 e70 2010 105000miles
Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No 3 different garages, next I will be taking it too bmw direct. The garages have replaced the front suspension arms and the steering linkage ball joints and the driver side coil spring
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you with this ?

Gavin Perry,
Experience: dasdasd
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
If you can please gavin yes
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Can I cancel the phone call I didn’t realise it cost £16 don’t want to pay that

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
please
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
If you have any other ideas of what it could be

Dear customer, did you observe everything you've replaced but before all this, did you line and balance the tires?
Have you checked the address system?
Does the brake pedal after all these works vibrate when braking?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
the peddle does vibrate still, no I didn’t observe the works done the car was in the garage
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The tyres have been changed after the works done so wheels where lined n balanced then