experteer
experteer,
77184159

Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW? 2016 4series

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2016 4series convertible
Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well luckily I just got home reversing my car into my parking spot. As soon as I shift to Reverse gear and let my brake go, my car jump and the engine turn off
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My car is 2016
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  experteer replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What happened after that?

Does the car start again?
What is the mileage of the car?
What kind of engine does the car have?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I turn on the engine again but when shift into reverse gear as I take my foot of the brake the car jump and the engine goes off
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It’s the same when I shift the gear to drive
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
35k mileage at the moment
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is a 2 litre engine
Expert:  experteer replied 7 days ago.

Okay, thank you very much.

The fact that it also happens in the drive gear is an indication that the problem is most likely due to the torque converter or the gearbox control.

As soon as you release the brake, the torque converter should slowly start transmitting power to let the car roll.

However, since you are always stalling, there must be a malfunction in the components.

In the best case it is only a software problem. Disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes and then reconnect it.

But if that doesn't help, you can't do anything on site. Then a BMW workshop has to check the gearbox and the controls.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Expert:  experteer replied 7 days ago.