Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My bmw (LC61 ZTJ) headlight switch is not working and needs

Customer Question

Hello, my bmw (LC61 ZTJ) headlight switch is not working and needs replacing. Do you know how much it would cost for the replacement and roughly how much garages would charge for fitting?
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: The bulbs are definitely working, it’s just the switch inside the car
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: Bmw 1 series coupe, 61 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to the garage and they said only the switch part needs replacing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank u
Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 16 days ago.

Hi..there..

Depends on the garage your using and what labour rate they charge..given that this is variable it would be difficult to give a proper cost on that.. what you need to watch out for its getting the correct switch assembly..there is 8 differant types for these cars..so it vital if you or your garage are ordering one that is it exactly the same/part number..if you can give me the last 7 digits of your VIN number than i can look it up...as ball park price/fitting..£150approx