sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Alarm going off randomly on 2016 X5 booked into local

Customer Question

Alarm going off randomly on 2016 X5 booked into local service centre next week but it is disturbing neighbours during night can it be disabled?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: It is a keyless fob
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing was only aware this morning that this was happening
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, have you checked the fuses so far?
Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No where are the fuses?

Dear customer, What can you do to get out of the way and eliminate the alarm noise, the first and most common that customers grab and try to remove fuse from the alarm but I do not recommend that they do this as there is a possibility that the computer feels that it is trying to be stolen and activate the anti-theft immobilizer module. In any case, if you want to do it, you simply go to the fuse box under the dashboard, remove the cover of this box and you will access the legend where you will be table to see the exact position of the alarm fuse.

Now what I recommend is to disconnect directly or cut the horn cable, It is the best that you can make but I do not know the exact location of the BMW X5 2016, because in some models they are under the bumper and its access is a bit complicated.

This solutions are the best that I can recommend you dear customer.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!