Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Engine start fault e93 2013 325i Assistant: Will the

Customer Question

Engine start fault e93 2013 325i
Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting the battery
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The past few days the car has no been detecting my key fob
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

The problems you are experiencing are often due to a faulty battery, the systems are voltage sensitive and if the battery is not up to power such problems are common.

There is also a service bulletin on your vehicle with regards to a poor connection between the main power lead and the fusebox. If this BMW recall has not been performed then you should contact your dealer with regard to this. The check / repair is should be carried out under the BMW warranty.

If the problem in not associated with any of the above suggestions then it may be worth getting the immobiliser re programmed, this can only be done using diagnostic equipment.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. Even
After clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions on the matter by replying to this thread.
Many Thanks
Steve