Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Trying to get an aux plugged in however the option dose not

Hello, trying to get an aux plugged in however the option dose not show up on the radio
Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No i have not
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2006, bmw 1 series
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried resetting the radio, making sure everything is plugged in, but nothing has worked
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you want to locate the aux setting or do you want to install ans aux wire?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The aux is under my armrest, how ever when I go on to mode to select it, it dose not show up. Only FM AND CD come up

Could you please send me a picture of the equipment, to make sure it is the model i am thinking and they vary acccording to the version.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/a36ed81bfaaff1ad335bb8e2c2c794b4.jpg

Forgive me for not having correctly expressed myself, I meant to a picture of the sound equipment/radio, to know the exact model of it and to know if it has the configuration for the Aux system that should have it but I need to know the equipment

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
https://img.milanuncios.com/fg/1123/07/112307631_1.jpg

Dear customer, i was looking the manual for this version but i do not have it. I am sorry. I will opt out to let someone else help you, in case i found it and i could take it back to give you an answer.
My apologies.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm ok to wait

HI

Thank you for your question. My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade.

The radio unit you have in your BMW does not have an auxiliary input, the Mode button is used to switch between CD and CD changer. The cigarette lighter was also in the ashtray just below the radio in your vehicle.

I believe that at some point the centre consul has been replaced and the AUX input is for a different model radio. You may be able to check this out by removing the small panel the AUX input is in and seeing if the wire is connected at all.

I hope this answers your question, even though I realise its not the answer you were hoping for.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions on the matter.

Many Thanks

Steve

Stephen Rothwell,
Experience: Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hello mate, the aux looks factory fitted lifted it up and it has got all the wires on it, the compartment it is in also has a cigarette port which works just fine

Does the vehicle had a CD changer and does that work ok?

Steve

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It only has one cd spot that I can see

If it has a CD changer that will be in the boot.

I suspect that the head unit may have changed, that unit is used for the single CD and the multi- changer unit.

When you press the mode button what does it display?

Steve

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Fm and cd

One more question, have you tried plugging anything in and then pressing the mode button.

Steve

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Yes I have, tried multiple different aux cables

Right I have researched the problem a little deeper. Apparently the Business unit needs to be coded to accept the AUX input. Yours may have either lost the code when the battery was changed or the head unit may be different and may have been changed in the past.

The Business unit can display the AUX input but not all were coded for it, this is why I originally thought that yours shouldn't have an AUX input. This was option and if fitted the radio was coded to access it.

This would need BMW software to access and input the settings. You may find an auto radio specialist could do this as from my investigations BMW prices for this are stupidly high.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok, thank you for you help will have a look look round

OK do let me know.

Steve