Marc Webster
Marc Webster,
Experience:  mechanic at sw autos
107219462

My 2011 x5 40 d has wiper problems which resulted in me

Customer Question

my 2011 x5 40 d has wiper problems which resulted in me having to take relay out as wipers would not stop even with key ,there appears to be recent corrosion around where relay goes also padding above is damp ,was only few weeks ago that it was at dealers for recall on blower/ aircon im wondering if technicians could have done something without them realising it..
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 60000& not sure on battery age as only had car 3 years
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no all i did was remove relay
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the 4x4 xdrive lights come on at same time
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just cancel please & thanks for trying
Expert:  Marc Webster replied 7 days ago.
it sounds as if moisture or water coolant has got into the electrics, can you see any seal missing? its possible they spilled some when working on the heater system /aircon.