Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just had all 4 tyres replaced on my 2016 BMW520d

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have just had all 4 tyres replaced on my 2016 BMW520d Touring. Tyres are Bridgestone 240/45 R19 runflat. One tyre is losing pressure and the fitters have re-fitted the tyres to no avail. They suggest it might be a faulty leaking Tyre Pressure Monitor valve. Is that likely, given that they have caused no trouble before?
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No, just normal wear.
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to take it back to the tyre fitting company but they want a new TPMS valve and will fit it for free.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

First of all they need to ensure the tyre isnt leaking around the bead,the bead is fully seated on the rim itself..they could test that with spraying soapy water around the tyre wall rim to check for leaks..they could do the same with the tyre valve..and ensure its not leaking out the core itself too..which they would of removed to deflate the tyre before removal from the rim..if the valve is leaking then yes a new one will/would have to be fitted...

Customer: replied 6 days ago.