sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have BMWAfter disconnection of battery and connecting back

Customer Question

Good morning.
I have BMW(###) ###-####After disconnection of battery and connecting back driver side door didn’t operate as normal.window didn’t close b
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Car is starting as normal,no liking
JA: What is the model of your '19 BMW?
Customer: 840
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the battery was not charged and I try to charge
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, this is a normal fault that can happen when we handle the battery simply installing a new battery or disconnecting the battery can generate a voltage rise, this voltage rise causes certain fuse to burn the electrical systems. It is something normal and it is not expensive and complicated to repair, we must simply verify the fuses that are under the dashboard, as the fuses are in charge of controlling the systems of the doors and the windows, verify which of them is damaged and replace it with an exactly same one, same amperage and this will solve the problem it presents.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Dear customer, there are two models of skoda superb, a model that has a tail and hatchback model, in both models the rear seats are foldable, therefore you can move them forward to get in the trunk when you do this you will have to remove the upholstery from the back of the tail gate and in this way you will access the hook that frees the trunk.
The problem is that if i well remember, the upholstery cannot be removed at least that the door is open because of that, I need you to try first if you can to remove the upholstery because as I am not with the vehicle do not remember all teh skoda models.

Now if you can remove the upholstery in this model, the only way to open the trunk through some hooks that are introduced but we as mechanics do not really work with locksmiths since this is a specialized area, so there are specialized garages in this type of work.

You may be presenting simply a problem with the hook has got stuck. The rear door lock mechanism is simply a mechanism that consists of fingerprints and hooks that allow the opening or the grip of the lock, the problem is that when these systems start to get damage, the entire lock is replaced completely since the parts are not sold separately.

Do you understand dear customer?