sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have a question, Have my BMW x3 2004 2.5 petrol but did

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Have a question
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: Have my BMW x3 2004 2.5 petrol but did differential is broken by my one is 3.91 ratio but I got one 3..64 ratio it is compatible ?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Same usual
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not is mechanic Send me to look it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes my is 3.91 but the one I bought is 3.64 but look the same
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer,, you can install other ratios, so there is no problem as long as the teeth are the same and have the same fit at the break, the problem is that you are going to have a difference in performance the smaller the ratio the less power but it will have a greater acceleration accompanied by a slightly higher maximum speed. This is the relation that causes the change.

But if you bought a relationship with the same design and feature you will have no problem installing it.