sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a dead key fob, Yes both my key fobs have 3 volts in

Customer Question

I have a dead key fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes both my key fobs have 3 volts in the battery My vehicle starts just my buttons wont work as if my key is in longer programmed
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2016 X1
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried reprogramming and synchronizing, changed batteries It happened after I reset my service intervals
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did this happen afte rreplacethe batteries or some work done to the car?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
After the filter changes

Dear customer, the technician may have confused the reset of codes and maintenance history with the reset of the factory data, when this is done you can lose certain settings such as the key fob.
Also when handling the fob batteries and the vehicle's main battery this can result.

The important thing is not how it happened but how to fix it, the problem is that it is necessary to have a key programmer tool to reprogram the control, this tool is different from a diagnostic tool, you do not have to go to the dealership to carry out this procedure, many car loskmiths do this work as well. with duplication of keys, programming of ignitions and in turn program controls, they carry out these works at lower costs than the dealership.

Do you understand me, dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.